[words, life, laughter, nonsense]

Day 26: 30 Days of Indie Travel #indie30


BootsnAll, 30 Days of Indie Travel Project

DAY 26: PHOTO

Post a photo of your favorite place and tell us what you love about it.

As much as I love Florence, I don't know that I'd call it my FAVORITE place. However, this is one of my favorite travel photos and it comes from one of my favorite days (already mentioned on Day 3 of the Travel Project). How many more times can I say favorite in one paragraph?

What's NOT to love? Three of my friends came to visit while I was living in Italy and over the course of our travels in Rome, Florence, Venice and Milan, we took "jump pictures" in multiple key locations. People stood around watching us in amusement, and were amazingly willing to take shot after shot until all four of us were in the air... or at least an inch or two off the ground! And now I have a trail of photos of the four of us jumping our way across Italia.

Every time I see them, I'm reminded of that particular moment, on that particular day, how many times it took to get the shot, and all the fun and silliness surrounding it.


Of course, you can't really appreciate the whole lot until you know where it all began. One random shot outside The Vatican and an idea was born -- as well as a lot of laughter. We probably spent five minutes crumbled on the ground laughing at this picture after we saw it. Oh, Joy...


Vernazza, Italy, 2006. It's so beautiful, but still not my favorite place (where are my pics of London and Nashville?!), but this is one of my favorite pictures. I was pretty proud of myself for this one, since it looks like a postcard shot, but what I love about it is what I know what happening behind the camera -- a hike from Vernazza to Corniglia with LOTS of funny moments between me, Josh, Betsy and Nic.

Photo Mojo,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice, think twice.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...